Making crazy awesome homemade cat food
This afternoon I whipped up a batch of my homemade cat food for our four kitties. I serve it raw so it is pretty easy to throw together and a lot of fun to make. It feels like making cookies, only these kids like meat cookies and are much happier eating it as raw cookie dough.
- six lbs of meat or fish ground or chopped
- 1/4 lb liver and organ meat
- 8 eggs
- One 15 ounce can pureed pumpkin, sweet potato, or yam
- 6 teaspoons Nordic Naturals Pet Cod Liver Oil
- 6 teaspoons almond butter
- Taurine Powder 3g (if the meat is cooked or if using fish)
- 6 teaspoons Animal Essentials Natural Seaweed Calcium
Make sure the meat has been frozen for at least 48 hours at some point. I buy my meat frozen.
Also see Making Crazy Awesome Homemade Cat Food Part Two for a higher protein and egg free recipe.