Re: Kittens and herpes
Here is the protocol that I recommend for my clients. http://pathwithpaws.com/blog/2009/01/27/to-vaccinate-or-not-to-vaccinate-that-is-the-question-part-1-cats/ I’m with Dr. Dodd on the minimal vaccination. If you think the chance of them being exposed to panleukopenia is very slim, I would wait until they are better, at least until the sneezing is very minimal to vaccinate. If you are involved in other shelter or rescue work and could come in contact with cats with panleuk I would go ahead and give them one vaccine at this point, if you can get something with just panleuk that is best but if not give the three way WITHOUT calici. Since they were bottle babies you should not have maternal antibody at this point. If you vaccinate with a modified live vaccine you can give up more at 16 weeks and call it good.