Artemisinin & Antioxidants for Cancer

Home Forums Cancer discussion Artemisinin & Antioxidants for Cancer

• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brindi

Hello,

I’ve read that it is not good to give Artemisinin with foods or antioxidants. My girl is on many different things and so I have been trying to give her the Arte in a little cream cheese three or so hours separate from her food. . . but doing so means I can only give to her once a day in the evening since I leave for work too soon after feeding in the morning.

So I guess my question is, she is on various stuff most per her holistic vet and all are given at meals. So when would be best time bearing this in mind to give her artemisinin? And how important is it to add Butryex (I have some but have not used yet as its hard to get her to take so many pills sometimes!)

Thank you.

Thanks.

Lena
    Keymaster

My thoughts on artemisinin have changed over the years. I used to say to give it with iron and I used to be concerned about antioxidants with it. Now I don’t worry about the iron or the antioxidants. Some of the studies on chemo which they also say shouldn’t be given with antioxidants have shown that animals/people actually do better on antioxidants even with agents that rely on free radical formation and cell damage. The antioxidants seem to preserve healthy cells but do not help cancer cells. So now I often use it with herbals that have high antioxidant action. I always give it with food and always have.

Not sure what Butryex is?

Brindi

Thank you!

I spelled the other item wrong, its Butyrex and info about it is here

http://www.holleypharma.com/productsgrid.html

Lena
    Keymaster

I’ve never used it before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.