Desperate mother of cat with cancer

Home Forums Cancer discussion Desperate mother of cat with cancer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lizmar

Hi Lena! I write to you because on Wednesday I was told that my cat, Gamy, was diagnosed with lung metastatic cancer. He has a couple of tumors on his lungs and one close to his heart. After two days of denial and crying I decided that this was no time for moping around, he’s still with me so I had to find a way to help him. So I decided to do a little internet research and that’s how I found your website. I read some of the articles you have written like “Breaking Through Cancer – holistic herbal therapies to control lung metastasis in dogs and cats” and the touching story of Lou. I really want to try the herbs you talked about because I will NOT lose hope, he’s my baby and I love him too much. Other than the cancer he’s a healthy cat. He eats A LOT and drinks A LOT of water, which is a good sign. They did his first suction biopsy on February 9 but it turned out it wasn’t cancer. They did another normal biopsy last Friday which said it really was cancer. He had some heavy coughing by November (that’s the reason we took him to the vet in the first place). Since the second biopsy the coughing has gotten worse and he has heavy breathing. What do you recommend I do? I’m desperate here and I’ll do anything to help him. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work you’re doing. Animals are our little angels so you’re doing a wonderful thing by helping them out in return 🙂

Lena
    Keymaster

I am so sorry about Gamy. I have been through lung cancer with three of my own kitties (two primary and one metastatic) and it is not easy. If at all possible I would find a good holistic vet to work with in your area. Cats are very sensitive and having someone who can see Gamy and help to direct and support you and him would be very helpful. I did use a combination of herbs and acupuncture in my cat Basil and we were able to give him more quality time here and prevent him from dying of lung failure.

Here is an article about finding such a person with some links of vet lists

http://pathwithpaws.com/blog/2011/12/11/how-to-find-a-good-holistic-vet-to-work-with/

best wishes,

Lena

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.