feline common bile duct carcinoma-help

Home Forums Cancer discussion feline common bile duct carcinoma-help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    abatova

Dear Dr. Mccullough;

My 17 year old Persian cat was just diagnosed with carcinoma of the common bile duct with lymph node involvement. Previously, he had a biliary obstruction which ultimately resulted in removal of his gallbladder. He is now heading for another obstruction due to the carcinoma.

In addition to antibiotics, I have been treating Teddy with Mush, a mushroom blend, Liv-herb (containing bleuperum and milk thistle, ES clear (essiac formula), and Xiao Chai Hu Tang (1 pill in the evening).

I am wondering if there is a better regimen for Teddy’s specific condition. I would greatly appreciate it if you could advise me on a treatment plan.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Ayse

Lena
    Keymaster

Hi Ayse,

That all sounds like good supplements he is on. I would highly recommend finding a holistic vet in your area who can advise you on if there are better options out there.

If you haven’t seen it here is an article with links to finding a holistic vet in your area

http://pathwithpaws.com/blog/2011/12/11/how-to-find-a-good-holistic-vet-to-work-with/

best wishes,

Lena

abatova

Thank you Lena. I e-mailed you back but don’t know if you received it.

I did in fact find an excellent holistic vet who is a colleague of yours. I just wanted a second opinion and it turns out that we are all in agreement with Teddy’s regimen except for doubling the dose of Xiao Chai Hu Tang. Teddy is doing well for the time being and is eating. I just hope he stays that way for a while and we have more quality time together.

Thank you again for your prompt response and your valuable advice.

Best Regards,

Ayse

Lena
    Keymaster

I’m glad he is doing well Ayse and that you have someone good on board that can be there for you and him. I hope he continues to do well!

best wishes,

Lena

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.