Primary Lung Cancer and Chinese Herbs

Home Forums Cancer discussion Primary Lung Cancer and Chinese Herbs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    quillsmom

Lena, first of all, thank you so much for this website, useful information and opportunity to ask a question! Our 10.5 year old lab-mix (75 lbs) has a lung tumor (supposedly primary lung cancer because there were no other tumors/mets found so far). He was going to have lobectomy last week but it was canceled because he started vomiting all food, and his liver enzymes significantly increased. He is receiving Denamarin and antibiotics now (today is the last day on antibiotics). He was receiving Artemisinin 400 mg/day before he started vomiting, and we discontinued it and all other supplements until gets better.

I got Stasis in the Mansion of Blood teapills (Xue Fu Zhu Yu Wan) and Xiao Chai Hu Tang Wan pills are coming soon. Since your post about lung cancer only mentions lung mets, I was wondering if these pills will work for primary lung cancer? If yes, do I give them with food? Away from other supplements? There are no dosing directions on the bottle.

Thank you so much!

Lena
    Keymaster

Lung cancer is a hard one. I’ve gone through primary lung cancer with two of my own kitties. The first I did not know what I know now and the second one I used the protocol I mentioned in the article on lung mets and keep it from effecting his breathing. I always give herbs with food if possible, I think they go down better. I often use both XFZYT and XCHT in food together and with other supplements. The XCHT should also help with the liver enzymes and vomiting. I would recommend checking in with a holistic vet to see if there is anything else they would suggest (as they can see him in person) and see if you can find someone who does acupuncture in your area (may be the same holistic vet). I hope he does well!

quillsmom

Lena, thank you very much for a prompt reply. I’m so sorry about your kitties. I will try to follow your protocol and I’m making first steps. We are going to take Quill for lab tests this Friday and will ask about a holistic vet at the clinic (their website says they have one). He’s a very nervous/anxious dog and doesn’t do well with strangers, so acupuncture might be a tricky one but we will see what the holistic vet says.

Thank you so much again, I appreciate your help and advice.

Alisa

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.